“Saunas are an important aid to weight loss and thyroid repair because as you lose weight, fat tissue releases stored toxins such as PCBs and pesticides.”
-Dr. Mark Hyman, author of NY Times best selling book “Ultrametabolism” and Sunlight Saunas customer.
Studies have shown a 30 minute far infrared sauna session can burn up to 400 calories and a 45 minute session can burn up to 700 calories. As the body works to cool itself while using a far infrared sauna, there is a substantial increase in heart rate, cardiac output and metabolic rate. Blood flow during whole body hyperthermia is reported to rise from a normal 5-7 quarts per minute to as much as 13 quarts per minute.
-Journal of the American Medical Association, August 1981
Sweating is the body’s safe and natural way to heal, stay healthy, and detox
- Sweat carries toxins out of the body and pushes it through the pores.
- Sweating helps the body release heat and keeps your internal core temperature as consistent as needed.
- The average person has 2.6 million sweat glands. Sweat glands are distributed over the majority of the human body.
- Skin is the largest organ in the body and it plays a significant part in the detox process.
Detox from a Sunlight Sauna is 7 to 10 times greater than a conventional sauna because it operates more effectively at temperatures 60 to 80 degrees lower than conventional saunas. In a Sunlight Sauna, the average person sweats out 20% toxins and 80% water! In a conventional sauna the average person sweats out 3% toxins and 97% water.
What is Detox?
- Detox can be used as a tool to help relieve symptoms AND as a preventative tool to increase overall health, vitality, and resistance to disease.
- Detox is a widely used treatment and concept in alternative medicine. The leading detox principle is that illnesses can be caused by the build-up of toxic substances – or toxins - in the body.
Detox can be helpful for people suffering from diseases and conditions, including:
Allergies, Depression, Low Blood Sugar, Anxiety, Headaches, Digestive Disorders, Arthritis, Heart Disease, Mental Illness, Asthma, High Cholesterol, Obesity, and Chronic Infections
Detox therapy is also useful for those suffering from immune system problems that include chronic fatigue syndrome, environmental illness/multiple chemical sensitivity, and fibromyalgia.
The United States Centers for Disease Control estimate that over 80% of all illnesses have environmental and lifestyle causes. Therefore, detox has also become a prominent treatment as people have become more aware of environmental pollution. For example, it is estimated that one in every four Americans suffers from some level of heavy metal poisoning, including mercury, lead, cadmium and aluminum. Toxins in the body also include chemical pollutants such as pesticides, DDT, PCB (polychlorinated biphenyls) and food additives. Drugs and alcohol also have toxic effects in the body.
Source: Sweat It All Out; How Stuff Works; Zane R. Gard, MD & Erma J. Brown, BSN, PhN TlfDP, October 1992
Relaxation is more important to your health than most people realize. According to New York Times best-selling author and fitness expert Jorge Cruise – and many other health professionals, the more stressed you are, the more cortisol your body will produce. Cortisol is a “fight or flight” hormone made in the adrenal glands that raises heart rate, blood pressure, and encourages the deposit of any excess calories into the midsection. Scientific evidence shows that far infrared therapy helps the body maintain healthy levels of cortisol. While cortisol levels stay the same or rise slightly during a sauna session, they drop afterwards.
Lower Blood Pressure
Sunlight saunas Solocarbon heaters were used in a clinical study with the University of Missouri Kansas City in 2005 and were shown to lower blood pressure from a 30 minute infrared sauna session three times a week.
Repeated far infrared sauna treatment improves impaired blood vessel functions in patients with high blood pressure, diabetes and high cholesterol. This suggests a preventative role for infrared sauna use for arteriosclerosis.
Heating of muscles with far infrared produces an increased blood flow level similar to that seen during exercise. Body temperature elevation also produces an increase in blood flow. Infrared heat assists in resolution of inflammatory infiltrates, edema and exudates. The increased peripheral circulation provides the transport needed to help evacuate the edema which can help end inflammation, decrease pain and help speed healing.
Do you frequently feel the effects of chronic fatigue syndrome or Fibromyalgia?
Treatment and therapy for these symptoms can incorporate Far infrared saunas and their powerful effects.
Improve your skin's appearance
- Open wounds heal quicker with reduced scarring
- Help acne, eczema, psoriasis, burns and any skin lesions or cuts
- Helps to reduce wrinkles and make skin look radiant
- Firms and improves skin tone and elasticity
- May help reduce cellulite trapped beneath the skin
- Scars may become less visible
- Burns and incisions may heal significantly
Infrared sauna benefits are tremendous